I'm going to walk you guys through an efficient method of cleaning the carbon buildup that was missed during q-tip, and has built up a "crust." This is not a basic q-tip tutorial, but a quick deep clean to get that Quartz looking shiny again.
This is my banger to start:
What you will need:
- Distilled water (This avoids any hard water spots, which are formed from base minerals in the water. Distilled water is pure of any minerals).
- An eyedropper
- A container to hold the distilled water.
- Set your temperature low, around 350*. This should be done from a cold start; if you had your temperature set higher previously please allow time for the temperature to cool down and stabilize.
- Fill your eye dropper with the distilled water, and begin to fill your banger to around 1/8" above the carbon build-up.
- Let the distilled water come to a rolling boil, you should see flakes of the carbon coming off.
- Let the water boil as long as needed until most of the carbon has come off.
Carefully continue to mop up the floating carbon, and clean the sides if necessary.