I'm going to walk you guys through an efficient method of cleaning the carbon buildup that was missed during q-tip, and has built up a "crust." This is not a basic q-tip tutorial, but a quick deep clean to get that Quartz looking shiny again.
This is my banger to start:
What you will need:
- Distilled water (This avoids any hard water spots, which are formed from base minerals in the water. Distilled water is pure of any minerals).
- An eyedropper
- A container to hold the distilled water.
- Set your temperature low, around 350*. This should be done from a cold start; if you had your temperature set higher previously please allow time for the temperature to cool down and stabilize.
- Fill your eye dropper with the distilled water, and begin to fill your banger to around 1/8" above the carbon build-up.
- Let the distilled water come to a rolling boil, you should see flakes of the carbon coming off.
- Let the water boil as long as needed until most of the carbon has come off.
Carefully continue to mop up the floating carbon, and clean the sides if necessary.
Enjoy your nice clean banger!
I am impressed man! Don’t know what you do for a living but teaching may be in your future...there was very little room left for error! I don’t think a better tutorial could have been given without an instructor present!!! Touché-I will be paying attention to your posts/this one was EXTREMELY helpful!!!! Thanks again!